The idea of having an Internet presence to boost your business is a nice strategy! And above all, if you are planning to register a domain name, then keep one thing in mind- ‘Never follow a blind trend.’ If you are a beginner, then make sure that you hire the services of a professional web hosting organization.
Just remember below mentioned points to get good rankings and a likable traffic for your website:
- The first tip is to choose a domain name by following some of the basic SEO principles. That means, your domain name should be armed with apt keywords related to your business. Right? But, please don’t overdo it. Just one keyword (maximum two) in one domain.
- Let us move towards the next tip… KISS! Keep it short and simple! Don’t expect the other person to be an Einstein or a King Solomon. No one has the capacity to remember long domain names. Perhaps no one wants to do that! Keep it short and memorable.
- It is not mandatory, but it is prefered that you should choose a (.com) domain especially if you want to spread your business at a global level.
- Also, make sure that you register your domain in a specific country’s TLD designation. That does not mean that you will deviate from the idea of keeping a (.com) domain name! Both the things will go side by side.
- Do you know that a majority of search engines don’t read words if they are written together. (For example: tipsforagoodbusiness.com). Therefore, it is advised that you should separate your words with dashes/hyphens(-).
- Register your domain with as many extensions as possible. Go for a multiple buying process in order to get higher rankings in search engines. If possible, purchase domains in singular as well as plural form. For example, (trip.com, trips.com) (domain.com, domains.com etc.) This step will cease your competitors from taking the traffic from your website.
- One must never go for domain names that are decked with strange and confusing keywords. Some of the examples are:
- “2” for “to”
- “4” for “four”
- “u” for “you”
- It is recommended that you should hire the services of a credible web hosting company in order to boost your sales and increase traffic for your website.
Best of luck for your online business!